I am not in-network with any insurance but many current clients receive reimbursement from insurance companies for out-of-network services. I provide Superbills. See below for a list of Qs to ask your insurance provider.
For those facing financial hardship I offer sliding scale options. Please email me to let me know your circumstances and we can discuss if my sliding scale rate is affordable for you.
As an indigenous nehiyaw michif iskwew provider, I offer a significantly reduced rate for indigenous clients seeking healing. I provide therapy in a good way to my community because we need a healthy forest to grow strong roots and reach to the sky.
· What is my out-of-network deductible and how much have I met so far? (Deductible=the amount you have to pay each year before benefits kick in)
· What is the allowed amount for service code 90834 & 90837? Do you cover both or only one? (This is the code we use for individual therapy, many companies base their reimbursement rates on 'allowed amounts' or 'usual and customary rates' rather than the actual amount you are billed)
· What is my out-of-network co-insurance? (After you meet your deductible, this is the percentage they expect you to pay for covered services)
· What is the process for submitting reimbursement claims? (This varies by company--we supply all clients with a monthly statement that includes all the codes/information needed to submit claims, but the specific forms/process for submitting depends on your insurance)
· What is my out-of-pocket maximum? (After you meet this maximum then the full 'allowed amount' should be reimbursable with no more co-insurance)
· How do I get mental health care in-network?
· What is the process if there are no in-network providers who will meet my needs in a timely manner?
· What is the protocol for getting pre-authorization for an out-of-network provider if there are no in-network providers available?
· Do you cover tele-health/ video-health sessions out-of-network?
Copyright © 2023 drchelseawilliams - All Rights Reserved.